1. There are seven billion people in this world who have the potential to love you so much that their bones ache with it. There are seven billion pairs of hands to hold, seven billion pairs of lips to kiss. There are seven billion sets of lungs out there, and one of them is anchored deep inside your chest. You will find someone who makes breathing seem worth it. You will find someone who makes you breathless.
2. People who are blind from birth still know how to smile, though they’ve never seen someone else do it. Happiness is locked somewhere deep inside all of us, even you. Especially you. You are a fighter. The key to that happiness is clutched inside your fist. It is tucked beneath bloodied knuckles. Your fight is almost over, darling. You will stand victorious. You will let that happiness out.
3. Sometimes, it hurts to feel. This I know, but I also know it is so much worse to be numb. Let your heart throb against your ribs, let that defiant drumbeat shake the marrow of your bones. Run until your muscles burn beneath you and you feel like a strange mix of animal and machine. Catch snowflakes on your tongue, spit glaciers at the feet of everyone who tried to freeze you out.
4. Make your mark. Scrawl your name on the sides of abandoned buildings at night. Kiss someone before you even catch their name. Leave them stained with red lipstick and the taste of you. When they watch you walk away, don’t look back. Keep moving forward. Leave footprints behind you. There is someone, somewhere, who is dying to follow in them.
5. Hold on, baby. Soon enough, no one will ever let you go.
Things to remember when you’ve forgotten what sunshine feels like on your skin. (via poppyflowerpoetry